Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Courage to Succeed



Going back to June 4, 2010. I was excited to go home for the weekend. Boarded the nagercoil express at 8pm. I didn’t feel like sleeping. People were boring in my compartment. I took out a book from my bag, ‘The Courage to Succeed’ by Ruban Gonzalez. Some people gave me dirty looks. I didn’t mind anyways because I had nothing else to do. I started reading the book. It was such an interesting book that I never felt like keeping it aside. It’s about the three time Olympian, Ruben. I came to know about the sport called ‘luge’ only after reading that book. A thrilling and exciting winter sport!! He explains his success story in a very lucid style. I was able to relate many things to my life, especially in my sport of rifle shooting.

It was 10 pm. People started switching off the lights. I had read only half, but wanted to finish it fully. I got up early next day (around 6 am). The train had to reach Madurai by 7am. I looked outside expecting Dindigul… but it was only Trichy. I felt like screaming. The train was 4 hours late. I took my book again to finish the remaining part. The second half was really good! It is about his experiences in the three Olympic games. It is a truly motivating book. A must read book for those who have big dreams..

2 comments: